How We Began
Warren Greenhouses is a family owned and operated business in the downtown Kitchener area. Purchased in 1958, by Paul Stigter Sr., the business is still at its original location on Strange Street.
At the young age of 16, Paul Jr. joined his father working in the greenhouse, to make a living to support the family. With only a few small greenhouses, they started producing bedding plants, potted mums and poinsettias.
In the late 1950’s Paul Jr. was sent to meet with the produce buyer for Zehrs. He had with him 12 potted mums. Those 12 mums were then delivered to the 3 Zehrs stores in the city. West Avenue, Belmont Avenue and Bridgeport Road. Within a few hours, they got a call to deliver 24 more to each store. So the growing business and relationship with Zehrs began.